Monday, March 12, 2007

Summer Bumming

Here's a good reason why I shouldn't be bumming: a flying school that negates every excuse I have for enjoying my summer. I like this school's direction, they've recently partnered with the best budget carrier in the country, they get 18 qualified pilot-wannabes each month as compared to 30 to 40 each year from my first choice flying school, and their program goes against the traditional system of getting pilot licenses and instrument ratings before getting to fly a Boeing or an Airbus. Unfortunately, it seems like this one's the most expensive among the flying schools in the area, the entrance exam alone costs Php10,000 and the tuition is a few hundred thousand more than the rest. And since it's a new school, it's not as proven (in the sense that its graduates will be directly hired by an airliner) as the existing ones.

Not much has been going on... I haven't been in church or Bible study for some time (yet again), my so called "quiet time" is spent at the gym (carbs gained back every dinner), Ragnarok sucks now that Alarius Eversor is pretty much without a leader (I guess everyone's too old to play videogames), and I'm booking a trip to Boracay late April with my CSB friends. Speaking of trips, Tito is already planning a family heritage trip in Shanghai where we'll meet our Chinese relatives (our uncle from Hong Kong will be joining us). I might watch The Phantom of the Opera in Singapore as I'm due for another urban exploration in the little city-State (ended up bungee jumping with 2 Jap chick tourists last time) and fancy a chance to get a job somewhat related to my course. A trip to New York is also in the works but it's unlikely since it's only my mom and younger brother that qualify as my dad's dependents (free flights for the legal wife and legal children under 21 still in school).

I've never been so idle in my life. It's been almost 2 months since I left a short-term call-handling career (my backpay check comes next week), I refused all call center job offers I got every week since then, and I'm still waiting for an assurance of getting in a good aviation school... though I've been trying to physically prepare myself for it (fictional Spartan warriors being my motivation... AHU!), Sudoku doesn't count as mental preparation, and a once-a-week service definitely doesn't count as spiritual preparation. I have all the time in the world to do so much more and yet I'm just another summer bum that started a couple of months too early.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home